ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS THREAD

Information of General Interest related to Trikings

Moderator: JayT

Salty

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS THREAD

Post by Salty » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:45 am

Hi All,

Houston we have a problem....

This web site is in my opinion a very useful resource to anyone with an interest in Trikings. But the web Master Tim, is thinking of throwing in the towel because of unhelpful remarks and lack of support.

To be honest, I do not blame him if he does.

History, circa 3 or 4 years ago I was due to retire therefore would have had time on my hands. To fill some of this time I thought I would set up a Triking web site and forum. I consulted with members of the old forum and gained their permission to do so.

I had very little experience with building a web site but I knew Tim and asked for his help. He agreed and produced what we have today. Because of changes in my own situation I never took on the running of the web site, Tim did it all and has done since its conception. OK I have paid the annual fee and a monthly maintenance but these costs do not exceed £250 pa.

I sold my Triking two years ago and have continued to support the web site. Over the last year I asked Tim to request members to contribute say £10.00 each to continue funding the site and relive me of the cost. He has tried that and has a little success but not enough to cover his time or cost. Therefore he is working for nothing...who does that? He does not even own a Triking.

The bottom line is now Tim is upset by lack of support and unhelpful remarks. (see previous posting) therefore is considering taking the web site of line. We will all loose out if he does this.

May I suggest we should recognise his efforts, kerb unhelpful and contribute towards the cost?

Thank you all for reading this.

Regards

Salty
Sadly no Triking

peter guscott

Re: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS THREAD

Post by peter guscott » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Salty,
it saddens me to think that Tim is not getting support for doing all this hard work on our behalf. As I've mentioned before in previous posts, I always used to pay an annual fee of 10 pounds sterling as I lived abroad, it was 8 for UK members - that was in the days of Trifles, many years ago!
A couple of months ago was the first I'd heard that a new fee had actually been 'set' and to my knowledge, before this, there was just opinions/posts going backwards and forwards, but nothing agreed?
I have said on many occasion I'd be quite willing to pay 'whatever' as I too would not expect anyone to run this site and be out of pocket too! But, two weeks ago I spent a couple of hours trying to pay my subscription, I got to the stage of inserting the requested credit card details many times and it would not progess any farther? I tried three diffrent cards ? Maybe this is me? I don't know?

I kept looking back reading over the instructions for payment and then realised one could pay by check! Whoooppppeee!
Therefore, could someone please tell me to 'whom I make the cheque payable' and 'where I send it' as I can't find a mention of this anywhere?

I have, along with many others Salty expressed my appreciation for all the work you've done in the past, Tim also has my grateful thanks for taking this on task and can be assured of my willing support.
Kindest regards,
Peter

JayT
Site Admin
Anti Spam measure: No
Text confirmation request: three

Post by JayT » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Message sent by PM. Thanks for your support.
Tim Pullen
Webmaster & Host

mr. goose

Post by mr. goose » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:58 pm

We all need the Triking Forum, but of course, there are not many of us! What can I say about the job Tim has done - - it is wonderful! and easy to use. I have posted a few times, but like everyone else I notice it's a quiet place here. Maybe that's because our 3-wheelers are all running well! The Triking.co.uk is worthy, and somehow we should keep it operating.

Tom
No. 053
Georgia U.S.A.

wselka

Post by wselka » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 am

Count me in for a tenner, especially if I can get through the msva on 4th oct! Payment instructions please.

Will

JayT
Site Admin

Post by JayT » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Many thanks; PM sent, but for yours and other users information you can use the PayPal button on the front page o the website at http://www.triking.co.uk. If you don't want to use PayPal, PM me for more information.
Tim Pullen
Webmaster & Host

motojohn

Post by motojohn » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:03 am

i dont mind paying a tenner to keep this forum running , but it would have been better to let member know at the start it would save time

sparky
Anti Spam measure: Yes

Post by sparky » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:55 am

hi guys hands in pockets time my tenners done. new guy here hope to find a trike and new friends.very good value at £10 works out at 19 p a week .cheers sparky
keep up the good work easy site to use
wonder what the average age of the guys on the site is my guess is 50+.

DN-AH7

Post by DN-AH7 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:29 pm

I cross fingers for you.
Axel