TRIKING NEW FOREST MEET 18/19/20 MAY 2012

Information of General Interest related to Trikings

Moderator: JayT

phil whizzer

TRIKING NEW FOREST MEET 18/19/20 MAY 2012

Post by phil whizzer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi all,

We are organising a meet for Triking Owners based around Ringwood area on the West of the beautiful New Forest over the weekend of the 18/19/20th May 2012.
It will be centered on the Tyrrells Ford Country Inn & Hotel (AA 3star) This comfortable hotel is situated 4 miles South of Ringwood and has safe parking set in a pleasant rural location serving both restaurant and bar food.
The special Bed & Breakfast price for a Twin/Double room is GB£80 (2 people) or GB£60 for a Single.
The hotel needs your booking please as soon as possible before the end of February. Just contact them mentioning "Triking Owners" to reserve a room (no deposit - they trust you not to let them down!)
If you want B&B at a cheaper location I have given details of four available and also two camp sites.

Please let me know by Private Message if you are coming and your contact detail . I will be happy to offer any help or advice.

EVENT PROGRAMME

Friday 18th
We will organise a BBQ at a Forest venue 4 miles North of Ringwood

Saturday 19th
A circular tour will visit the famous Sammy Miller motorcycle museum and then move on via Lymington to the historic Bucklers Hard before returning to the Tyrrells Ford for a pub meal

Sunday 20th
If you choose to stay on Sunday we will organise an interesting tour for that day.

ACCOMMODATION LIST

The Tyrrells Ford Country Inn & Hotel www.tyrrellsford.co.uk Tel: 01425 672646 Quote "Triking Owners"

Bed & Breakfast:

Auld Mother Hubbards www.auldmotherhubbards.co.uk Tel:01425 483464

The Shimmerings www.theshimmerings.co.uk Tel: 01425 475170

Oak Cottage www.oak-cottage.co.uk Tel:01425 477357 This is five minutes walk from us and I would recommend leaving your triking in our drive as their front is open.

Glen Avon www.glenavon-ringwood.co.uk Tel: 01425 471102 There are speed humps in the road that you need to carefully negotiate.

Camping

Red Shoot Camping (4miles North) - excellent!

Caravan & Camping Club Verwood (8miles NW)

Well thats it - look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers
Phil

Mark W
Anti Spam measure: No
Text confirmation request: three

Re: TRIKING NEW FOREST MEET 18/19/20 MAY 2012

Post by Mark W » Sun May 20, 2012 7:22 am

Dear Phil

Thank you for organising this meeting. It was great to meet other owners.
The arrangements were excellent and we enjoyed the visits to the motorbike museum and Bucklers Hard.

Best wishes

Mark
Attachments
P1060398_2.jpg
P1060398_2.jpg (92.75 KiB) Viewed 6978 times

millethetrike
Anti Spam measure: Yes

Post by millethetrike » Mon May 21, 2012 8:15 am

Hi All,
More than happy to echo Marks sentiments, great organisation and fantastic hosts ! Perhaps it would be a good idea to set aside a date each year to have our Meets, maybe the first Friday of a particular month for instance ? This would allow owners to set aside time for it and make it easier for whoever plans/hosts it. Just an idea.
Regards. Andy

JayT
Site Admin

Post by JayT » Mon May 21, 2012 8:29 pm

If anyone attending would like to do a write-up, I'd be pleased to place it on the main site under the "Events" section.
Tim Pullen
Webmaster & Host

Richardmorgan

Post by Richardmorgan » Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Great to meet the other owners and a couple of future owners too. Good for ideas and modifications but most of all to be in a convoy of Trikings with like minded folk. Wonderful organisation by Phil. Unable to take on the organisation but really hope there is another soon.

Thank you
Richard and Greg

alien

Post by alien » Fri May 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Id like to add my thanks to Phil & Hilary,we had a great time,and a lovely meal in their forest cabin on the first night I don't know how Hilary managed there was more than 20 of us to feed.

once again many thanks
Steve & Maureen

bobsmith49a

Post by bobsmith49a » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Dear All

A belated thank you to Phill and Hilary for such a well organised event. Anne and myself thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and are eternally grateful to Alan and Nicki for transporting FL 16 to the venue for us as following my recent surgery on my knee there was no way I could have driven the whole way and back.

I have produced a write up of the New Forest event and am happy to put it up on this site, unfortunately I need chapter and verse on how to go about it! Assistance would be very welcome.

Meanwhile I am happy to try and organise the 2013 get together and propose somewhere in Norfolk if all are happy with that. This would reduce the travel for our friends from mainland Europe. I am currently looking to find suitable accommodation, hopefully or more than 10 Trikings this time following the success of this year's outing.

Regards, Bob