Triking Meet 2014

Information of General Interest related to Trikings

Moderator: JayT

Richardmorgan
Anti Spam measure: No
Text confirmation request: three

Triking Meet 2014

Post by Richardmorgan » Sat May 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Following the great time enjoyed by the Triking owners who managed to get to the 2013 Meet in Norfolk, next years event is already in the planning stage by Andy. There were long standing members right through to those waiting for their registration and we all had a really good time very well organised by Bob and Anne.

Reading the notes on past events it is good to enjoy what the early owners enjoyed in their day. It would be good if some of the old guard were to show some of us boys the way. Lets hope we get a few more of them to enjoy the fun again.

Richard

millethetrike
Anti Spam measure: Yes

Re: Triking Meet 2014

Post by millethetrike » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 am

Hi All,
As Richard has mentioned, I am organising the 2014 Meet in Leicestershire, I hope that this central location will tempt more owners to participate. Also suggested by Richard (A very wise Man) it may be that some owners may just want to enjoy the 'drive outs' and visits on the Saturday, without going to the expense of hotel / B+B accommodation for the Friday and Saturday nights.
Please let me know ASAP if you intend to participate so that I can find accommodation etc if needed my email address is tisileclay@fmail.co.uk

Many thanks,

Andy

millethetrike

Post by millethetrike » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:38 am

Hi All,
I have had to move the dates for the 2014 Meet. There are a number of large events at the Donington Park Race Track planned for the original dates, this has made it near impossible to secure accommodation without spreading it over a number of venues.
I have found a hotel perfectly located for us and has 14 rooms available (at the moment) for the 24th 25th 26th May. I have negotiated the use of one of its rooms for our traditional buffet supper on the Friday evening, we can also enjoy an evening meal there on Saturday night.
The hotel is in a lovely rural location and has facilities for motor homes and camping, the hotel facilities including breakfast and showers are also available to those choosing this option.
Parking is very secure.
I have negotiated a club reduction for the ‘Donington Collection’ of historic racing cars, this will work out at £8 a head. My plan is that we will also visit ‘Calke Park’ with its historic house and beautiful grounds, this is National Trust.
Sorry for the change of dates.
Regards Andy
Last edited by millethetrike on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

millethetrike

Post by millethetrike » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi All,
Both UK rounds of ‘World Super Bikes’ are now being held at Donington park… Yes you’ve guessed it , one of the rounds is being staged on the very weekend of the Leicestershire meet (it was due to be held at Silverstone). This causes a traffic nightmare especially on the road where our hotel is situated, as it becomes ‘one way’ .
I have not been able to find an alternative venue for the 24th 25th 26th May, which satisfies our needs in relation to accommodation and security.
I have decided to keep the current venue but move the dates to Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd, Sunday 4th May.
This is the Stoneleigh Kitcar Show weekend.
Its not ideal, but i’m only 40 minutes from Stoneleigh which is held on the Sunday and Monday. Obviously this would greatly benefit anyone wishing to attend the show from far a field.
Please accept my apologies for the change. I will transfer bookings to the new dates and cancel if individuals are not able to make it .
Kind regards, Andy

jaynee

Post by jaynee » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:29 am

Wish we could make it... have a great time, guys!